JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 7 - Steel Ball Run
"Spin your nails in the golden ratio!... Then you should have the ability to harness the power of infinity!"~Gyro Zeppeli
Spin is a Speciality that was introduced in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7. It was added to the game along with Tusk, and it is obtained by talking to Gyro Zeppeli located in Eli's Pizzeria. To unlock it from him, you need to be above Level 20, have a Steel Ball and $10,000.
Note that you cannot obtain the Spin spec if you are a Vampire, and you need to keep Spin to upgrade Tusk for each Act.
G - Golden Spin: You must charge your Spin bar, buffing Spin related move damage by 35%. (This does not need to be charged for anything, but the damage will not be as high without a charge.) Golden Spin can also buff damage of Tusk's nails and wormhole nails.
C - Spin Punch: The user spins their arm and punches a target, dealing 15.3 damage. With Spin charged, it deals 20.3 damage. The cooldown is 10 seconds and breaks block.
V - Steel Ball: The user throws a single Steel Ball, dealing 15 damage. With Spin charged, it deals 20.3 damage. The cooldown is around 12 seconds. The move goes through block.
B - Multi Steel Balls: You throw 2 Steel Balls, each dealing 7 damage. With Spin charged, it deals 9.5 damage. Each steel ball comes back to your hand hitting them 4 times at max. This has an approximately 21 second cooldown. All 4 hits are blockable.
N - Golden Skin: Your skin becomes golden, reducing damage taken by 30% for one minute. The cooldown is one minute and 15 seconds and begins when the move is used, so at max upgrade it has a practical cooldown of 15 seconds.
Tips, Combos, and Glitches
- C + V + B. Does good damage with Spin charged.
- B + V + C. Another good damaging combo.
Tips and Glitches
- Tusk is recommended with Spin due to stuns, ranged projectiles and damage buffs. While also Buffing Tusk's nails greatly which is great for zoning along with spin.
- Always use golden skin when available as it's your only defense.
- The Steel Ball move can pierce through multiple enemies/players. Use this for people who are teaming on you
- The Multi Steel Ball has a mid-low range, so don't use it on the players that are too far away.
- Spin is a good spec to prolong the combos and paired with stand who have a Stun Move such as Star Platinum and Six Pistols.
- Golden Spin: 1 point
Spin Duration: Increases time it takes for Spin Bar to decrease.
- Spin Duration 1: 2 points
- Spin Duration 2: 3 points
- Spin Duration 3: 4 points
Spin Charge: Increases Spin charge rates.
- Spin Charge 1: 2 points
- Spin Charge 2: 3 points
- Spin Charge 3: 4 points
- Spin Punch: 1 point
- Steel Ball: 1 point
- Multi Steel Balls: 3 points
- Golden Skin: 1 point
Golden Skin Mastery: Increases Golden Skin's duration.
- Golden Skin Mastery 1: 1 points
- Golden Skin Mastery 2: 2 points
- Golden Skin Mastery 3: 3 points
- The Spin is the counterpart to Hamon in the Steel Ball Run universe. This is evident due to the users obtaining a specific stand for a mastery of each (Hermit Purple/Jonathan's Stand for the original universe and Ball Breaker for the Steel Ball Run universe).
- Spin is currently the only fighting-style within Your Bizarre Adventure that is based on a fighting style in the Steel Ball Run universe.
- Spin, alongside Hamon, are Specs that you can't use alongside the Vampirism race.
- Holding out any item while charging Spin will cause it to spin. Funny mentions are the Green Baby and the Cash Bag. This can also Spin held Stands like Beach Boy and Anubis.
- There is a glitch in Steel Ball Run that When you use the steel ball move, your horse will strangely turn around and stop moving but it's legs and body are in the running motion.
|Stands and Specialities|
|Arrow Stands||Whitesnake • Star Platinum • The World • Anubis • Red Hot Chili Pepper • Crazy Diamond • Killer Queen • Gold Experience • King Crimson • Silver Chariot • Hermit Purple • The Hand • Purple Haze • Cream • Hierophant Green • Magician's Red • White Album • Aerosmith • Six Pistols • Beach Boy • Mr. President • Sticky Fingers|
|Rib Cage Stands||Scary Monsters • The World (Alternate Universe) • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap • Tusk (Act 1)|
|Evolved Stands||Gold Experience Requiem • King Crimson Requiem • Chariot Requiem • Killer Queen: Bites the Dust • Star Platinum: The World • Tusk (Act 2) • Tusk (Act 3) • Tusk (Act 4) • D4C: Love Train • C-Moon • Made in Heaven • The World Over Heaven|
|Specs||Boxing • Sword-Style • Spin • Hamon • Vampirism|