Hamon is noted for dealing more damage to Vampires, as the energy produced from Hamon breathing is the same as the Sun's rays and is the opposite of the energy that Undead have.
To obtain the Hamon Speciality, you must go to the mountains where Doppio is, then walk to the left side of the Mountains. Then, make your way to the top left corner of the cliffs at the Naples Train Station area and drop down to the platform where Jonathan Joestar is. Hamon's skill tree gives a 25% increase in damage and a 30% increase in your defense when charged, making it better for high damage Stands. It costs $15,000 and you must have a Zeppeli's Headband, as well as being level 10.
Total Skill Points: 36
G - Hamon Charge: Charges the user's Hamon meter. Once the meter is full, there will be a slight cooldown for charging again. When the Hamon bar reaches it's fullest level, the user will brightly blink yellow, and will stay glowing yellow until the Hamon bar is empty.
V - Scarlet Overdrive: A heavy punch that sets the victim on fire for a bit. This move cannot be perfect blocked. This move deals 21.3 damage without the burn damage.
B - Sunlight Yellow Overdrive: A slow barrage that deals massive damage compared to the stand barrage and makes for a good attack when used in self-defense. This move deals 1.9 damage per punch and 2.6 to Vampires, This can go on until your hamon runs out which means theoretically if hamon's charge did not run out, you could do an infinite barrage.
C - Zoom Punch: Extends the user's fist to reach their target. It pulls your enemies closer, dealing good damage and slowing the enemy for a short time period. This move deals 21.9 damage, and stuns the enemy. This move has high endlag.
Hamon Duration: Affects how long your Hamon meter lasts for.
- Hamon Duration I: 1 point
- Hamon Duration II: 1 point
- Hamon Duration III: 1 point
- Hamon Duration IV: 1 points
- Hamon Duration V: 2 points
Hamon Defense: Makes the user take 30% less damage when Hamon is charged.
- Hamon Defense I: 1 point
- Hamon Defense II: 1 point
- Hamon Defense III: 1 point
Hamon Charge: Allows the user to fill up their Hamon meter much faster.
- Hamon Charge I: 1 point
- Hamon Charge II: 1 point
- Hamon Charge III: 1 point
- Hamon Charge IV: 1 points
- Hamon Charge V: 2 points
- Scarlet Overdrive: 1 points
- Mastered Scarlet Overdrive: 4 points
Sunlight Yellow Overdrive:
- Sunlight Yellow Overdrive: 1 points
- Mastered Sunlight Yellow Overdrive: 4 points
- Zoom Punch: 1 points
- Mastered Zoom Punch: 4 points,
- Charge Hamon: 0 points
Tips, Combos and Glitches
- V + B
- A visual bug occurs where you constantly have the Hamon aura.
- Utilize Hamon while you're level 15 to 25 and fighting against Vampirism users in the Sewers.
- Hamon is great when paired with high damage stands (i.e. The Hand, Killer Queen: Bites the Dust, Star Platinum: The World, Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, Magicians Red, Hermit Purple etc.)
- Using Hamon reduces damage taken by 30%, so having it will greatly reduce the risk of dying easily.
- It is advised to only upgrade Hamon Duration III as it makes a slight difference if you max it out, and you save 4 skill points.
- As of Version 1.0, Scarlet Overdrive now comes out faster, giving more of a reason to use it.
- Hamon as a whole in Your Bizarre Adventure is mainly based on Jonathan Joestar's Hamon. His Hamon was based on using Sendo (a Martial Art) and amplifying his strength with Hamon. This is seen with techniques such as Zoom Punch.
- Hamon may be inspired upon a Chinese fighting art known as Qi.
- There is talk of adding in advanced specialties that only non-requiem stand users can use, this will include things such as Joseph's Hamon with Clacker Volleys and Caesar's bubbles.
- When you have the Hamon fighting style and you use a vampire mask, you simply die and catch on fire. This is due to the Hamon fighting the Vampirism. Within JoJo Part 3: Stardust Crusaders, it is implied that DIO was physically weaker due to Jonathan's Hamon.
- In a test with Magician's Red with Hamon, damage was increased by 25%. Cross Fire Hurricane went up from 20 damage to 25 instead of 27 (if it was a 35% increase in damage). Also timing how long it takes for the security guard to die from it:
- It took 9.13 seconds for the security guard to die without Hamon
- It took 7.42 seconds for the security guard to die with Hamon
- It took 8.06 seconds for the security guard to die without Hamon on impact but Hamon was active after impact
- Hamon no longer boosts the damage of The World Over Heaven, as it was too overpowered. If you still plan to use Hamon with TWOH, do not get Hamon Punch as it will waste a skill point.
- Hamon's Sunlight yellow overdrive used to do 3.1 Damage
- Hamon used to cost only $3000, but has since been changed to $15000. It also now requires you to posssess a Zeppeli's Headband.
- Hamon is the most expensive Spec, which is why most people don't reset it.
- Hamon is also jokingly called "Sunshine Kung Fu" by some people.
- Hamon and Boxing "by coincidence" have very similar skills.
|Stands and Specialities|
|Arrow Stands||Whitesnake • Star Platinum • The World • Anubis • Red Hot Chili Pepper • Crazy Diamond • Killer Queen • Gold Experience • King Crimson • Silver Chariot • Hermit Purple • The Hand • Purple Haze • Cream • Hierophant Green • Magician's Red • White Album • Aerosmith • Six Pistols • Beach Boy • Mr. President • Sticky Fingers|
|Rib Cage Stands||Scary Monsters • The World (Alternate Universe) • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap • Tusk (Act 1)|
|Evolved Stands||Gold Experience Requiem • King Crimson Requiem • Chariot Requiem • Killer Queen: Bites the Dust • Star Platinum: The World • Tusk (Act 2) • Tusk (Act 3) • Tusk (Act 4) • D4C: Love Train • C-Moon • Made in Heaven • The World Over Heaven|
|Specs||Boxing • Sword-Style • Spin • Hamon • Vampirism|