JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 7 - Steel Ball Run
“Allowing neighboring worlds to exist simultaneously in the same location. That is my Stand ability, "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap."~ 23rd President of the U.S. , Funny Valentine
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap or D4C is the Stand of President Funny Valentine, the main antagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run. This Stand is obtained in-game from a Rib Cage of The Saints Corpse, with a 25% chance.
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is great at zoning. It's pocket revolver can explode smoke clouds from The World (Alternate Universe), allowing to reverse the crowd control effect from it. The gun itself, when upgraded, would also be quicker than TWAU. Aside from the gun, a D4C user also relies on Dimensional Victim Clone for damage at a far distance, or use Dimensional Clones to overwhelm their opponent offensively. Aside from damage, the clones can also be used to teleport, giving some - albeit unreliable mobility.
D4C's main advantage is Dimensional Hop, which can be compared to Gold Experience Requiem's Return to Zero, as it can nullify time related attacks when timed well. This is harder to connect in a serious fight, however, due to it being a close range attack, as D4C does worse in melee situations.
This stand has only 2 melee attacks, barrage and barrage finisher. D4C has a high barrage damage, doing 1.6 per hit. However, using a barrage to stun, and then a finisher to knock down opponents can be used to dash away, to maintain range. D4C also lacks any sort of attack that inflicts a Status Effect, which gives it no way to stall out its enemy.
Total Skill Points: 50 Points
LMB - Punch: D4C does a punch that deals 9.9 damage at max Destructive Power.
E - Stand Barrage: D4C does a medium speed flurry of punches that deals 1 base damage per punch, and it deals 1.6 damage with max destructive power. 2.1 if charged with Hamon.
R - Stand Barrage Finisher: D4C throws a strong punch and deals 13.5 dmg (19.8 dmg when destructive power is maxed out).
T - Pocket Revolver: This skill can be used without having D4C out, it brings up a pocket revolver and shoots wherever the mouse cursor is aimed. It does 22 damage with max destructive power.
Z - Dimension Hop: D4C waves an American flag at the user for a few seconds, then the user gets transported to a different dimension where they can move around freely. You can also bring other players in the dimension by having the other player stand next to you while D4C is waving the American flag. Other players in the radius of the dimension cannot interact with the player inside of the dimension. While another player is inside of the dimension, moves such as Time Stop, Reality Marble, and Conqueror's Will do not work. Gold Experience Requiem's ability 'Return To Zero' can cancel D4C's dimension hop
U - Dimensional Clones: D4C waves an American flag towards the direction the user is facing for a few seconds and then a clone NPC that looks just like the player's avatar will spawn and fight the nearest NPC/Player. The number of clones spawned can be increased by up to 3 by maxing out Dimensional Traveler. The damage that the clones inflict is scaled with destructive power.
Y - Dimension Victim Clone: The user will raise their flag summoning a clone of another person which follows them where ever they go until coming in contact with the Target. When it touches the target, it blows up dealing 32.2 damage. This does not work on mobile.
X - Clone Swap: Swap Places with one of your clones (requires your cursor to be on a clone). You can swap places with another D4C's victim clone of yourself.
It takes 50 points to max out D4C's skill tree.
Tips, Tricks & Combos
- If a self clone is hit by any projectile or is damaged by a player or NPC, the clone will instead go after the person it was attacked by.
- When you are at low health, summon Self Clones and Dimension Hop. This way your clones can attack your opponent so they are unable to heal themselves while you are inside the dimension, while you can hide in your dimension and heal up.
- After summoning self clones, do not immediately summon victim clone. Sure its like a stun to make way for the victim clone, but once it blows up, the self clones die too, wasting it all, and merely dealing, 30 damage or so to the opponent, when the clones could've dealt way more.
- If you bomb clone someone and the victim goes into Dimension Hop, the bomb clone will explode when it gets to the spot where the victim used Dimension Hop.
- If you summon self clones inside your dimension then get out, you can still use clone swap to teleport the clone's position, wherever they may be in the dimension.
- Using Dimension Hop will also reset your horse's temperature to normal in Steel Ball Run. This is extremely useful during the Tundra section.
- If a KC or KCR uses Time Erase. and you use Dimension Hop, you can see them.
- Dimension Hop is always used in 1v1s, as the opponents hide in the dimension, and then get out of the dimension and hide in a tree to heal. Don't worry though. There is a bug where you are aware of when they hop out or not. You will see them in their original position for a split second, and then they're gone again.
- if you dimension hop and someone stops time, you can get out of the dimension and move freely in the time-stop.
- If you want to win Casual Steel Ball Run for money or Requiem arrows, you and a friend with D4C can continuously Dimension Hop during the game for an easy way to bypass people and fighting.
- U+Y+T+X (If the clones are still alive)+G+C (Medium-Hard Combo)
- R+E+T+Y+Double Right Click+R+T+Double Right Click (Hard Combo)
- T+E+R+T (Easy Combo)
- M1 x3 + T (block break or the combo is harder to land) + M1 x4 + Y/U/spec stun (spec stun move to continue the combo) (this entire combo is easily landed if you are counter barraging or you land the first m1) (easy/difficult combo depending on your practice with D4C/D4C: love train)
- Boxing Combo: T+G+C (+V if block break) +Y (wait for explosive clone to hit) +U, if they barrage to kill the clones, X+E+C
- It was one of the first Part 7 Stands to be added to the game, along with Scary Monsters.
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, when it first came out, had a more bulky model that was changed to be more modest due to the lag it gave off.
- This Stand has been renamed "Criminal Tasks Done Cunningly" in-game in order to avoid copyright issues.
- You used to be able to kill your own clones for blood with the vampire race.
- D4C's user is able to trigger TWAU's smoke bomb explosion by shooting it with D4C's T move (Pocket Revolver).
- According to Stand stats in Part 7, D4C's strength is an A, meaning that the raw physical power of D4C is on the same level as The World (Alternate Universe). Both have been shown to easily tear off limbs with a simple chop. It would also mean that the physical power of D4C is on par with that of Star Platinum from the main universe.
- Both D4C and D4C:LT can use Dimension Victim Clone to see invisible player's avatars and usernames by aiming the move at the invisible player's stand. This is one of two stand moves that can see an invisible player's avatar and username, the other being GER's counter Nullification: Zero